Time Warner Cable Media Sales
Time Warner Cable Media Sales is seeking an Account Executive for our Santa Clarita, CA sales office.
Acquire new advertising clients and service existing accounts for local ad insertion on available cable television networks.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Secure new advertising clients;
2. Perform extensive unsolicited calling to develop client list;
3. Conduct informational interview to ascertain prospective clients' needs;
4. Prepare formal advertising proposals for prospective and existing clients;
5. Service existing clients as assigned according to Time Warner Communications' described procedures; Meet defined sales quotas and goals;
6. Prepare sales activity reports;
7. Prepare and review advertising contracts and confirmations;
8. Submit new orders, copy instructions, and other required documents;
9. Collect on accounts.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
1. Minimum of two years college is preferred and/or appropriate work experience.
2. Two years in advertising media sales is preferred. Advertising television or radio marketing experience is preferred;
3. Experience in selling to owners and managers of businesses and agencies;
4. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, are required;
5. Able to quickly identify sales problems and provide effective resolutions;
6. Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times;
7. Must possess own vehicle and valid State Driver's License;
8. Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic;
9. Possess desire to win and ability to be a self-starter. Requires ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing;
10. Must be flexible, creative and innovative in utilizing resources and adjusting priorities to meet clients' needs consistent with Time Warner Communications' standards and procedures.
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is: Regularly required to talk and hear; Frequently required to sit, stand and bend at the knee and waist and walk; Required to use hand to type, handle objects and paperwork; Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder; Required to use close vision and be able to focus. Finally, the Employee generally works in an indoor office environment; overtime may be required.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, free cable (in specified areas) and free AOL.
Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V