Time Warner Cable Media Sales
Requisition # 65299BR
The Time Warner Cable Los Angeles office currently seeks an Area Production Manager for our Western Regional Operations Center.
Oversee production facilities; develop and implement policies and procedures to achieve operational efficiencies and maximum output.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage department budget to include reforecasting, margin analysis on a per project basis, purchase of supplies, capital project planning and meeting established financial goals.
2. Manage production department personnel. Motivate, monitor and evaluate employee performance.
3. Attain high creativity and quality standards in all production projects.
4. Coordinate individual development of production staff. Identify training needs and develop in-house training programs and/or utilize outside vendors.
5. Maintain effective communications with advertising clientele, department management, local sales team, operational personnel and the general public.
6. Oversee production staff in select locations throughout the Southern California Area, Yuma, El Centro and Dessert Cities.
7. Produce, direct and edit commercial productions as needed. Assist in producing advertising sales promotional materials.
8. Work with Sales Management in supporting their key initiatives.
9. Develop and oversee equipment maintenance program and safety procedures for department personnel.
10. Ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
1. Requires three years television production experience and a minimum of one year management/supervisory experience in videotape production environment; bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
2. Must have working knowledge of business and sales management including handling department budget, reforecasting, capital planning, facility usage and costing.
3. Requires marketing experience directly related to videotape production and generating new business. Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, motivational, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
4. Must have proven ability to work independently and with flexibility.
5. Ability to work under a deadline driven sales environment. Must be computer proficient, including knowledge of word processing, graphics and spreadsheet applications.
6. Must have valid California driver's license with good driving record.
Operate various studio and remote broadcasting equipment and office equipment including, but not limited to, portable cameras, videotape recorders, time base correctors, video switchers, edit suites - both analog and digital, audio mixers, character generators, lights, microphones, etc. Lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds. Requires constant standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, reaching, stooping, handling, fingering, pushing and pulling. Works inside and outside throughout the year under various weather conditions. The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is: Regularly required to talk and hear; Frequently required to sit, stand and bend at the knee and waist and walk; Required to use hand to type, handle objects and paperwork; Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder; Required to use close vision and be able to focus. Finally, the Employee generally works in an indoor office environment; overtime may be required.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, free cable (in specified areas) and free AOL.
Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V