Time Warner Cable Media Sales
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks several Area Sales Managers for our Media Sales offices located throughout the Los Angeles Metro market.
Develop and implement sales plans consistent with regional strategies with emphasis on local accounts and agencies in the Time Warner Media Sales Western Region. Develop strong working relationships with local direct accounts within a specific geographical area in the local LA market. Train and direct performance of local sales team to maximize individual and organizational sales goals and objectives. Optimize local account revenue generation through direct sales efforts, managing accountability and monitoring sales activities of the local direct account executives.
Essential Job Functions:
1. In conjunction with the GM, develop and drive local zone and LA Division sales of local accounts by directing individual local AE sales plans to achieve monthly and quarterly goals.
2. Meet and exceed organizational sales goals and objectives: recruit and hire Local Accounts sales team; monitor, evaluate and provide on-going feedback regarding performance to local account executives; identify sales training needs and assist GM in the development and implementation of sales training programs.
3. Assist GM by establishing account list, team and individual quotas and goals.
4. Coordinate liaison between sales teams, GM, traffic and billing and production departments in working toward common goals of region.
5. Develop local co-op, vendor, promotional and cross-platform revenues. Analyze, discover and develop new product categories.
6. Represent Time Warner Media Sales at trade association meetings and community related events to promote business.
7. Assist GM in establishing and implementing sales policy and procedure.
8. Assist GM in developing sales compensation incentives that motivate and reward local account executives to achieve individual and team goals and objectives.
9. Responsible for management of local accounts team's account receivables.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have a bachelor's degree in business management, marketing or equivalent work experience.
2. A minimum of three years experience in local broadcast, cable, on-line or print media sales management and/or five years experience at a senior AE level in cable or broadcast media sales is required.
3. Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, motivational, organizational, research and analytical skills and the ability to work independently, with flexibility and creativity required.
4. Proven inventory management and pricing skills is required.
5. Experience working with advertising agencies and managing local accounts.
6. Basic understanding of revenue and expense budgeting practices.
7. Must have basic knowledge of television ad sales research including Nielsen, Scarborough, etc.
8. Must be computer proficient, including knowledge of advertising sales software, word processing and spreadsheets applications.
Typing and reading on a computer. Communicating in-person, telephone, and through correspondence. May do extensive travel to businesses during training of sales personnel and visiting other zone offices with own vehicle. Must have California driver's license with good driving record. The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is: Regularly required to talk and hear; Frequently required to sit, stand and bend at the knee and waist and walk; Required to use hand to type, handle objects and paperwork; Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder; Required to use close vision and be able to focus. Finally, the Employee generally works in an indoor office environment; overtime may be required.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, free cable (in specified areas) and free AOL.
Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V