The project manager will support a variety of projects and assist the Director of Communications in creating and developing communications plans and timelines, talking points, presentations, fact sheets, Q&A, among other communications as well as provide:
1) Project coordination/support
2) Intranet site content, management and maintenance
3) Presentation development
This position is both strategic and tactical in nature, and requires an experienced project manager with the ability to manage multiple, complex communications projects, while juggling various priorities and unique business challenges.
The position requires frequent contact with employees at all levels of the organization. Strong organizational, database and written and oral communication skills are keys to success.
· Support Spotlight’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) system and manage the ongoing field, project team, development and training efforts to ensure consistent usage of tool and reports.
· Develop and coordinate distribution of communication toolkits and program materials in a timely fashion to ensure a consistent look and message across divisions.
· Coordinate tactical programs, events and other initiatives designed to support the business culture, Comcast priorities, and improve and enhance overall employee understanding and satisfaction. Specific events may include but are not limited to Comcast Cares Day, CredoSpeak and United Way.
· Aid in development and implementation of new tactics designed to inform employees about business goals, market focus and client relationship initiatives.
· Assist in creating and developing communications plans and timelines, talking points, presentations, fact sheets, Q&A, among other communications.
· Coordinate communications messages in cooperation with Spotlight’s Operations and Sales teams to ensure business goals are expressed accurately and cohesively; seek feedback from field teams to improve communications and best deliver on their unique needs.
· Field incoming inquiries and requests as necessary and coordinate response with appropriate staff.
· Independently manage special projects as assigned; volunteer for project assistance when needed.
· Utilize technology - including but not limited to email, intranet portals, and video - to convey messaging. Seek new tools that will support communication efforts.
· Monitor and track relationship-building activities with Subject Matter Experts and Trainers throughout the Division.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field.
· 3 - 4 years of Project Management and/or Employee Communications experience with a working knowledge of sales culture and process.
· Must be familiar with strategies and techniques for the communication of news and information to internal audiences.
· Solid writing ability - must be used to draft, edit, and hone copy.
· Strong communication skills. This position requires regular face-to-face, verbal and written communication with members of division, region, and local management teams as well as field employees. Must be able to draft, edit, and hone copy relevant to target audience.
· Attention to detail, superior organization, and the ability to proofread for consistency and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are a must with at least 50% of the job requiring client and upper management contact and guidance.
· Existing knowledge and exposure to ad sales community is preferred.
· Time management skills. The ability to prioritize individual work assignments to meet important production deadlines is a critical part of this position. Independent work skills and self-motivation as demonstrated by past professional experience is required.
· Strong business acumen and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Technical Skills – Fully versed in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Punctual, regular and consistent attendance required.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.