Local Sales Account Exec
||Local Sales Acct Exec
||NJH04 - Hillsborough NJ
|Reports to Title
||Local Sales Manager
||Responsible for selling Comcast Spotlight’s products and services by soliciting orders from local businesses and advertising agencies in accordance with the Company’s sales programs, strategies and policies. Responsible for achieving Company’s sales and marketing objectives and for recommending strategies based on awareness of local competitive conditions.
|Major Duties and Responsibilities
||• Seek new customers by continuously prospecting following Company’s planned sales strategies and tactics
• Maintain and increase sales volume from established accounts and collect all account balances
• Meet budgeted revenue goals and activity levels on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as defined by your market
• Assist customers and prospects in attaining their goals through proper utilization of the Company’s products and services and ensure goodwill between customers and the Company
• Address customer complaints quickly and advise management promptly of any situation outside position’s scope of authority
• Monitor competitive activity and market conditions, providing feedback and suggestions to management regarding new product addition and existing product deletion
• Complete required documentation and reporting for the proper processing of contracts, advertising schedules and call and expense reports
• Maintain up to date customer and prospect records as instructed and participate in development of sales forecasts
• Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, and conferences as directed
• Solicit customers through telephone and in person presentations
• Identify demographic advertising needs
• Create and propose advertising recommendations that best suit customer needs
• Prepare accurate advertising contracts on behalf of the company
• Submit all advertising contracts and schedules to Sales Manager for approval
• Prepare various reports as required
• Complete all sales related paperwork including reports, traffic, credit applications, etc.
• Coordinate and assist with production plans, when necessary, and assist in coordination of external production
• Ability to open, probe, support customer needs and close business
• Adhere to all company policies, including recommended rates and packages
• Adhere to collection procedures including processing of client contracts and confirmations
• Stay abreast of competitive conditions
• Stay actively involved in community activities and charities
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance.
• One to three years cable, broadcast (or other media) direct sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Marketing and/or equivalent experience
||• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with computer software and technology
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and auto insurance
• Good working knowledge of marketing research
• Maintain a professional image and obtain customer satisfaction both internally and externally
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. The Company, rather than management, retains the discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Comcast is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, qualified disability or veteran status, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, sex or any other legally protected category.
Comcast is also an Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.