Time Warner Cable Media Sales
Develop and implement sales plans consistent with regional strategies with emphasis on local Area Sales. Train and direct performance of sales team to sustain individual and organizational sales goals and objectives. Increase sales productivity through direct-sales efforts and by assisting account executives in the field.
- In conjunction with the GM, develop and drive local zone and territory sales by directing individual AE sales plans to achieve monthly and quarterly goals.
- Develop and implement training curriculum designed to demonstrate effective prospecting, account development, servicing and maintaining paid programming advertising clientele.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations in person to advertising agencies and potential clients.
- Coordinate schedule and track avails on all networks with paid programming inventory, while identifying inventory opportunities.
- Track revenue by day-part and prepare analysis to uncover highest revenue performance by program type. Solicit bids from programmers, or direct response advertisers to achieve highest increased revenue performance against available inventory.
- Coordinate with Los Angeles Division sales team's Account Executives to provide avails and rates for paid programming clients.
- Monitor overall status of individual accounts receivable while ensuring that Account Executives perform collection calls when necessary and process required credit application paperwork.
- Oversee the processing of all leased access requests and the maintenance of detailed records for public file. Update leased access rate cards and associated sales collateral.
- Monitor the scheduling and airing of paid programming/Leased access material on four division networks.
- Ensure that Availz software is maintained and that the traffic department is notified of any double bookings.
- Oversee the trafficking of all incoming tapes and direct the traffic department on proper rotations.
- Maintain spot reels, PSA's and PI's to ensure spots are distributed evenly.
- Review client/agency weekly auto fill reports, verification logs and network avails.
- Oversee and maintain client agency files and answer client/agency inquiries.
- Direct and oversee the updating of client tape files and the pulling of tapes for return to clients/agencies.
- Coordinate with Public Relations Department and Public Access Supervisor to ensure that weekly community and parallax shows air.
- Ensure proper airing of Music Choice concert series.
- Oversee the maintenance of Leased Access Request file required by the FCC.
- Sustain organizational sales goals and objectives: recruit and hire local sales team; monitor, evaluate and provide on-going feedback regarding performance to account executives; identify sales training needs and assist GM in the development and implementation of sales training programs. Increases sales volume through direct-sales efforts and by assisting account executives in the field.
- Assist GM by establishing account list, team and individual quotas and goals.
- Coordinate liaison between sales teams, GM, traffic and billing and production departments in working toward common goals of region.
- Represent company at local trade association meetings to promote business.
- Develop local co-op, vendor, and promotional and cross-platform revenues. Analyze, discover and develop new product categories.
- Assist GM in establishing and implementing sales policy and procedure.\
- Assist GM in developing sales compensation incentives that motivate and reward account executives to achieve individual and team goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing team aged account receivables.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing or equivalent work experience. A minimum of three years experience in local broadcast, cable, on-line or print media sales management and/or five years experience at a senior AE level in cable or broadcast media sales is required. Excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory, motivational, organizational, research and analytical skills and the ability to work independently, with flexibility and creativity required. Must be computer proficient, including knowledge of advertising sales software, word processing and spreadsheets applications. Must have California driver's license with good driving record. EOE/M/F/D/V
Sitting for long periods of time. Typing and reading on a computer. Communicating in-person, telephone, and through correspondence. May do extensive travel to businesses during training of sales personnel and visiting other zone offices with own vehicle.
Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line www.timewarnercable.jobs. EOE/M/F/D/V