Time Warner Cable Media Sales
Requisition # 64598BR
The Time Warner Cable Corporate- Regional Media Sales group - office currently seeks a Senior Research Manager.
This position will perform media analysis and marketing support to the Los Angeles market local ad sales management and sales team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Use PC-based windows software to compile and analyze consumer research, retail expenditures, and product/lifestyle information in key retail categories. Translate research findings into concise and meaningful advertiser presentations, innovative tools and creative leave-behind "Pro-Cable" pieces.
2. Assure accurate interpretation of quantitative research from viewer rating services such as Nielsen including both Hispanic and full Los Angeles market samples and manage the analyzing and distribution of key findings to sales staff in all market offices. Emphasis on building all networks' awareness (all tiers) and acceptance in marketplace.
3. Execute research strategies and projects that support the needs of the Director of Marketing and Research as well as the Regional Vice President, and General Managers of the SouthEast and NorthWest regions of Los Angeles including Desert Cities.
4. Utilize geo-based demographic and consumer behavior marketing research and local qualitative research from a variety of resources including; MRI, Scarborough, and U.S. Census to help build a solid case for cable among advertisers in the marketplace.
5. Create Los Angeles market-wide presentations for key sports and fixed programming sponsorships; as well as cable medium effectiveness vs. other media options available to our clients.
6. Serve as market expert in use of third-party software products that interpret syndicated research data. (Examples: Strata View 32, Cable Qual, MarketAdvisor, SRC, RL Polk, etc.) Work with management, sales, and sales support staff to troubleshoot and maximize knowledge and usage of all functions.
7. Assist Account Executives and Sales Management in the formulation of research-based proposals/schedules through the development of inventive planning tools and execution of creative research training.
8. Assist Account Executives and Sales Management in the development of strategies, utilizing all available research tools, that effectively address clients key marketing challenges and business needs via our medium and other Time Warner local media resources (television advertising; inter-active advertising, etc.).
9. Be primary contact and research representative from Los Angeles to corporate Time Warner Research staff.
10. Work with research vendors to assure timely distribution of surveys, troubleshoot software issues and investigate additional product offerings.
11. Assist the research managers and effectively manage the development of sales and marketing materials including; cable network ratings one-sheets, sports packages, demographic targeting pieces, competitive spending data (CMR) as well as subscriber (universe estimates) data etc.
12. Assure the consistency and effectiveness of research training materials and workshops on various research methodologies and tools developed by the research managers and training manager.
Utilize competitive media spending figures (CMR) to make recommendations to sales management teams on hot categories or changing market patterns for prospecting new and non-traditional revenue.
13. Responsible for development of two research coordinators: Program Coordinator and Sports Coordinator/Analyst.
14. Work with Adlink to coordinate research efficiencies between the two organizations to best serve the needs of Time Warner Cable Media Sales in Los Angeles.
15. Performs various other duties as required and assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
1. College Degree in Marketing or Advertising or equivalent work experience
2. Minimum of 3 years research experience in cable, broadcast TV, or other media or Agency
Ability to demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of Nielsen television/cable audience measurements in terms of reporting and methodology
3. Highly proficient with a PC utilizing Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
4. Excellent writing, math and oral communication skills are essential
5. Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude
6. Ability to handle multiple projects at a time, with superior time-management skills
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is: Regularly required to talk and hear; Frequently required to sit, stand and bend at the knee and waist and walk; Required to use hand to type, handle objects and paperwork; Required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder; Required to use close vision and be able to focus. Finally, the Employee generally works in an indoor office environment; overtime may be required.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, free cable (in specified areas) and free AOL.
Qualified candidates should apply in person using the Time Warner Cable kiosk (where available) or on-line at www.timewarnercable.com. EOE/M/F/D/V